Friday, February 23, 2007

Goliath is slain!

Well, my highschool alma mater fell to Lakeside Lutheran highschool last night...
51-47. It was an exciting game. Lakeside was up 26-16 at the half. We came out at halftime and moved the score up to 36-16. Then Columbus inched their way back but didn't have enough time to seal the deal. So, Lakeside goes on and faces Jefferson on Saturday at 7 PM. Jefferson is ranked in the state and has a UW-Madison D1 recruit playing. But, little David is still carrying his sling shot!!

I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

It was a GREAT game.

As a CHS fan, too, I was impressed with Lakeside's full court press and man-to-man coverage of Columbus.

However, there is a reason why Columbus was ranked #2 in D2 this year.

Led by the Waddell girl who is only a sophomore, they kept playing until they nearly did seal the deal as you said.

I believe at half-time Lakeside was up 36-16. The final score was 51-47. A few more shots and Columbus would be going to the next round.

I do wish Lakeside well and it will be interesting to see if they can knock off the #1 D2 team.

They are a cohesive unit, for sure.

I'm glad I went. For the $3 it was a lot of excitement. I do think that the guy sitting next to Scott is a prime coronary waiting to happen though....gives new meaning to parents living their dreams in their kids.....*lol*

And...you my sistah...still have that cheerleader mentality!! *giggle*

Thanks for inviting me to come and watch!! It was fun!!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Oh, it was a girls' basketball game!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

what a surprise...a waddell from columbus that plays basketball??

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home