Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bleacher Butt has Begun!

It's already mid-November and I thought that we would have a nice little break between fall sports and winter sports. Not so. That little 2 week break went by way too quickly for my liking. Now we're full force into the basketball season. Sis will be playing on JV and Big Guy will be on the "B" squad.....

So the days become much longer for Scott because he waits at school until Sis is done practice which usually is around 6ish.....then add a shower and you guessed it they're not home until about 7:15....it makes for a long day. We're shopping for a third vehicle right now. Never thought we'd do that and yet it's almost a necessity. That way Scott won't have 13 hour days....only Sis will....

I have full confidence we'll find a great deal on a good pre-owned vehicle. My sister, Ruth Anne says that Scott always eats straw and craps gold. I always say that he can find a diamond in a goat's a**!! We're looking for safety and style. Sis will be getting Scott's Jeep Cherokee Laredo and Scott will be getting a new vehicle. Well, not new.....but new to him....

The first game of the season is next Tuesday....my butt will be numb by March....then it's a break (which won't seem like one, I'm sure) until track season starts.....Aaaahhhhh, life...it whizzes by.

The days are long and the years fly by.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Oh that is soooooooo true about time....

I have a friend who has Greg's old Hyundai for sale.....she only wants about $300 for it. Since Scott is mechanic saavy - he can keep it running. It gets about 40 mpg.....let me know....I think it has 140K miles on it, but it is a manual. It still runs great...she just bought a brand new Fit (Honda)

I like Ruth's comments about Scott...that made me laugh..

My life is always busy....just when you think one thing is done (like dog shows), then along comes a dog to breed, run to get a stud dog, etc., etc. Plus fit work in on top of all that.

Yes....time does fly.....so grab all the gusto you can and treasure this time we have!!

And....buy a bleacher seat....it'll avoid bleacher butt syndrome.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

I was really frustrated at my cleaning lady today. She was in the midst of cleaning my bathroom when I needed to use it to go to work. I was so mad I could spit!

Then I realized: you're mad because your cleaning lady is in your way. Get a reality check.

Do you know how many moms would kill for bleacher butt [not rush-rush-rush bleacher butt, but sit and watch 'em all bleacher butt]?? Do ya?

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home