Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Few Good Laughs Today!!








Today was a day of several good ole belly laughs. I ran across this picture of Dad....Christmas 2002....It just made me laugh. I've had several laughs today and over the past few days. I was chatting with my mother-in-law and she asked how I was doing with losing Dad and all. I retold the time of when I was caring for him for an extended stay (I believe Mom was on a long weekend either bowling tournament or a funeral, out east...I can't remember which) and I had the task of showering him. Dad was rather modest and always covered his private parts when I would shower him. I told him not to worry because Scott had one just like his. I made some funny comment like, "Yours is only wrinklier, Dad." He laughed and came back with this one..."That's because it's had more use!!" I about wet my pants in laughter.....his lucid moments were hilarious ones.

Another laugh today....we went to The Red Mill in Waupaca, WI. It's a quaint place about an hour or so drive from our place. It's near where my husband grew up. My in-laws took us there when we were dating and I have such fond memories of the romance and beauty of this place. We went to early church and got in the car right away so we could take advantage of the beautiful weather today. We took along Kyle, (Stefanie's boyfriend) and made a day of it. The few good laughs began at the restaurant we stopped at for lunch. We started to share stupid stories and about wet our pants laughing as we retold them. Like the time Scott accidentally pulled the chair out from under me and I landed on the floor and peed my pants in the process (bladders don't work as well after 11 pound children...lol). The reminiscing continued until our sides hurt. Everyone headed out to the car and waited for me to pay the bill. Kyle....the stinker that he is....hid behind a bush and waited for my exit. I was looking at the car and didn't see him when he jumped out and scared me....yes...I peed again....the laughter continued. Then when we got in the car Kyle started reciting lines from funny movies and we were all a little punchy and continued laughing so hard. Well...that just fed the boy to continue. It continued until Stefanie couldn't catch her breath from laughing so hard...it really scared me. I think I know what it means when people say, "I almost died laughing." But, all in all....everyone needs a day like today...good laughs and great medicine....

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

--Was that a continence-al breakfast you had?
--Depends.


Did you and Scott redo your vows?

Thanks for the cute pic of Dad.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

You heard the saying, "Laughing is the best medicine......" Love the picture of your Dad.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

How funny!! Dad surely had a sense of humor....the ribbon on his head...about cracked me up.

Thanks for sharing!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Has the blog cat got your tongue? Hmmmm.....or did you have an accident and cut your fingers?

I thought I was bad.....you and I we're not blog queens yet. Hat trick goes to Ruth for that.

Didya see Paul's great photos of a Sedona wedding?

Only 10 days and counting to MB.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Where will you be one week from today, October 8?

11:27 AM  
Blogger AnneGero said...

Mare,
If you think that one is funny, you should see some I have taken of Dad. You really need to be near a bethroom though.
Had a great time in MB with all 3 daughters there. When are you planning to BLOG again?? Even I have managed one or two times.
See you.
Mom

10:19 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Has the blog cat got your tongue?

I wanna see some bloggin'!!

How about one...Sweet Sixteen?? Reflect on your 16th b-day and Stef's that's fast approaching.

Love,

Mud Duck

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home