Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Robert B. Gero (May 4, 1929 - July 3, 2006)

Well...the inevitable has arrived. My father passed away last night at around 11:15 PM central time. I was up at our cabin with my family. It was weird...I fell asleep watching Jay Leno. Scott turned the TV off. I woke up very abruptly at 11 and lay in bed unable to fall back to sleep. I now know why. At 11:18 PM my cell phone vibrated and I saw my sister Peggy on caller id. I knew...I answered the phone by saying, "Dad's gone, isn't he?" And, Peg said, "Dad's gone." I was okay on the phone and after we disconnected I laid in bed sobbing. Fortunately, Scott was there to comfort me and reassure me that Dad was in a better place. I know that. And I also know in a "blink of an eye" I will reunite with him.

Dad...I miss you already. You taught me much and loved me more. Enjoy heaven and the mansion God prepared for you.

You can read my sister and brother's blog entries as well.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family always. May God be with you always.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home