Saturday, June 24, 2006

Off to the woods we go....

It's off to our land today....our little slice of heaven in central Wisconsin. Well, I wouldn't personally call it a slice of heaven. I would categorize it as a hunting shack with NO amenities. And, no amenities for a reason....to keep the women away!! A few acres in the paperland country....true deerhunting heaven....a retreat for my husband and son Jake. And yet, we decided that "guy/girl" thing needed to end. The family time just wasn't happening together so we recently purchased a very nice travel/trailer.....not a mobile home...but a loaded camper (I wouldn't call it camping if I was camping with one of these).

So, Scott is off with the truck, the "camper", Jake and our black lab (Joe) to the land. (That's another story I'll tell you about someday). Stefanie and I will follow shortly (we have a parade to attend). Only after we know for SURE that the camper is set up and the toilet and water are flowing.

Our land is about a mile from the second largest lake in Wisconsin (Lake Petenwell...which is really a river flowage) so we plan to go to the state park and hike and swim and just have some family time. Isn't it funny how you have to drive an hour and a half (one way) to have some "family time"? I'm sure we will, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Toilet paper.

In a ziplock bag.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home