Friday, June 30, 2006

Time is Standing Still

Normally time seems to just fly by for me. Not this week. I'm sure it's because of the events surrounding my dad. And yet, it's given me time. Time to reflect, time to pray, time to go to lunch a LOT with my sister Peggy and really have some nice talks. (I missed that for much of our adult years and I'm so glad to have that gift back). Time to watch Mom sit by the bedside of her dying husband and keep busy with knitting while she shows the undying love she's had for this man for the past 50+ years. I've learned a lot these past two weeks....just by watching my mom, my dad and my incredible brother and sisters rise to the occasion, link arms and be a family. What a priceless treasure.

I've also witnessed my Mary Kay unit step up to the plate. They've linked arms and become a "family" of wonderful women. While I was unable to do a lot of my Mary Kay work these past 2 weeks, my incredible unit pulled together and reached a milestone that not many Mary Kay units ever do...I am so proud of them...they just make me look so good as their leader.

June is the end of our fiscal year in Mary Kay....usually it flies by because there is never enough time to accomplish a huge goal. It didn't really matter this June....I learned a lot this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home