Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Get off the Road!!

Yesterday, Stefanie got her temporary license (temps). And I was the first to sit in the passenger's seat and let her chauffeur me around the neighborhood. She did well.....other than going left to turn right at times. Then in the evening Scott was more adventurous and let her hit our downtown and roads with 45 mph speed limit signs. He, I must admit is more daring, AND patient then me.

Her Uncle Paul remarked that Stef was beaming with pride when she came home after her drive with her Dad. Hhhmmm....brings back floods of memories. I, too, enjoyed driving with my dad more than my mom. He was calm, cool and collected (at least he made it look like that) and my mom was white-knuckling the door and slamming on her imaginary brakes all the time while she raised her voice a notch or two to let me know, in no uncertain terms, that I sucked as a new driver.....

Her temporary license picture is a great one. Big cheesy smile. Usually driver's license photos look like mug shots. The lady who took the picture remarked, "How could a girl this pretty ever take a bad photo?" She was right....

1 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

My first driving experience was with my dad, now I cherish those memories. He taught all four kids how to drive, when it was my mom who taught him how to drive when they started dating.

Congrat's to your daughter on getting her temp. license’s, now the fun has just begu

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home