Monday, July 10, 2006

Back to Routine

Well...it's back to routine after Dad's death and funeral. The sympathy cards still come rolling in and I find myself very emotional as I read them. It seems final and yet it doesn't seem possible that Dad's gone.

Mom came into my office today (she's my office assistant). I told her she didn't have to, but she just felt like she wanted to do something ordinary instead of the atypical (which we've been doing). I said, "Great!" My office was in serious need of my bookkeeper. She balanced the checkbook that she couldn't balance right before Dad's recent decline. I knew it was bugging her. A bookkeeper for as many years as she was couldn't possibly get that off her mind. It was a sense of accomplishment for her today, I'm sure.

Then she said goodbye to Paul, Nicki and the little precious granddaughter, Kate. That was hard. She sobbed long and then quickly tried to compose herself. In a way...another loss...her only son and daughter-in-law and newest grandbaby heading two thirds of the way across the country back to their home in California. It will be a bit of time before she sees them again. I will definitely encourage her to visit often. It will be easier now, because Mom is spry and she won't have the extra work that it took with Dad in tow.

And, I'm back to my Mary Kay meeting tonight. Surrounded by my other "family". I have received oodles of cards and calls and emails from them. It's nice to be so loved and remembered. I can't wait to see them and yet I know it will be another vale of tears this evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Make sure you wear your waterproof!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home