Monday, November 06, 2006

The Party's Over














Well, the Sweet 16 Birthday party went over well. Stef had 7 other 16 year olds there to celebrate her big day. She actually co-celebrated it with her friend, Sarah. They blew out 32 candles between them. They were laughing how the 32 lit candles lit up the room. I told them to wait until they're my age. They rented movies....scary ones and chick flicks....and then ended up going to bed at about 3 AM......a fun time was had by all, that's for sure...

Stef said in the car on Sunday, "Wow!! I'm almost 17 now, Mom!!" I said...just enjoy your 16th year and don't wish your life away. Geez...I think I heard that one from my parents when I was her age.

One of Stef's gifts was a navy blue cardigan sweater. They were laughing that they'd have to sing the song from Mr. Rogers everytime she wore it. Instead I thought of my dad...cuz every Christmas someone would buy him a new navy blue cardigan sweater....

And...if you could...please keep our dog Joe in your thoughts....he got out this morning and hasn't returned. Of course, his new collar didn't have his name or phone number on it. I'm sure after school there will be one sad little boy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like Stefanie had a great time. I hope Joe comes home soon. I will pray for his safe return.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

I like the new template.

Regarding the dog: who to ask for help?? St. Anthony [lost things] or St. Francis [patron of animals]? I know...BOTH!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Wha happened to new template???

1:18 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I think Dad had burgundy or red cardigans. I don't remember a navy one.

Red = scarlett Knights of Rutgers...

Just ask mom about the one she knitted for Dad...that she tore apart and made a cardigan and a vest. *grin* She had the wrong gauge.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home