Monday, January 01, 2007

Let the Festivites End






























Can't believe I haven't entered anything since Thanksgiving. But, then again, I can. The holiday season was hectic yet blessed. It started by having the troops here for Thanksgiving, then a holiday gathering with friends in early December, and it ended last night with a troop (12) of teenagers here to celebrate and bring in the New Year 2007. They had a blast.....I think. It looked like it anyhow. It started at 5 pm...I fed them and then we went to church at 7 pm (took up 2 pews), then we went to the local skating rink until 11 pm, then back home for pizzas and brought in the New Year with a bang. Then all the teenagers got a second wind and stayed up and watched movies until about 6 am. The boys stayed downstairs and the girls were all upstairs and Scott or I (we took shifts) were in between. I heard lots of laughter and pure teenage fun going on. The neatest thing was how they included Stef's "little" brother Jake in the fun. I never once heard Stef tell him to get out of their space.....that was priceless to me.

I feel very blessed that Stef has the friends she has. They are thoughtful, polite, kind and most of all neat Christian kids. It was fun to see and get to know more the kids my daughter hangs out with and to watch them have a blast bringing in the New Year together. Hope you had a blessed New Year's eve and hope you're looking forward to 2007 with wonder and awe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Yep. Lotsa cheese in Wisconsin.

It looks like they had fun.

6:25 PM  
Blogger AnneGero said...

Looks as if all had a wonderful time.
Happy New Year.
annegero

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home