Monday, January 01, 2007

What Gems


















Forgot to post these photos from Christmas. Actually, the one of Stef and Jake was taken by Stef. I found it in her folders of "Special Pictures" (that was heart-warming). The one of Jake is him holding the knife he got from Uncle David and Aunt Ruthie. (More, I think, from Uncle David because of the note that was enclosed with the gift). It made me laugh out loud. It said something like he didn't want to hear anything about any emergency room visits or "mishaps" with the knife. Jake was elated to receive it and already talked about the big buck he would gutt with it.....yuck.....

And the other photo is of my father-in-law on Christmas day. We placed a plate of Christmas cookies in front of him and he looked joyful. I'm sure I'll have several posts regarding him in the months ahead. He's not doing well. He has frontal lobe dementia and is deteriorating very fast. He's at a care facility but was able to come home on Christmas day. He doesn't speak and is now moved around with a wheel chair. Ah, the lessons we learn as we care for those we love. My mother-in-law called today and said he has a 103 degree fever and a rectal abscess.....she sounded weary....I just listened. Hospice is helping out with Dad and since he can't talk it's sometimes difficult to know what hurts and how he's feeling......We continue to pray. Scott's Mom says she must confuse God because every morning she asks God to take him quickly home and every evening she thanks God for allowing her to have him here one more day. I'm sure God can discern her groanings. He always does.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

May thoughts and prayers are with your father-in-law.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Whoa...you can surely blog, too!!

I'm sorry about Scott's dad. It's gotta be so hard.

As I reflected back over 2006 and Dad Gero, it was a blessing for him to leave and not be in pain or to suffer.

Scott's dad is a brilliant man. I saw that when I typed his thesis for him. What a shame that he can't share that brillance or let it out.

I so feel for Mrs. Gronholz, too. What do you really ask for?

I hope that 2007 is filled with blessings for all, including Scott's dad.

Wonderful photos of Stef, Jake and the friends!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home