Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Capitol Conference Champions!

Well, the Lady Warriors did it again. Another Capitol Conference Track Championship!! It was an exciting day and the weather was miserable. I think that I should be a meteorologist.....it's just a guessing game...and they guessed wrong. They said the storms would be done by the afternoon....NOT!! It rained, it rained and it rained. And the kids ran, and ran and ran some more. Stefanie fared well. She won both the 100m and 300m hurdlers and her relay team 4 x 200m took 2nd. Unfortunately at the meet last Friday one of the relay team members went down on the track holding her knee... She had an MRI on Monday...waiting to hear the results...hope it's not a torn ACL.....Then at the meet yesterday ANOTHER member of the relay team injured her back long jumping and she had to scratch from every running event she was in.....So, it was disappointing for the sprint relay teams and yet the Warriors still pulled off the team win.....it was great.

Here are some photos of Stefanie at a past meet......(notice the sun!!!)





This is Stefanie handing off to the #2 runner in the relay. She was the one that injured her back yesterday......



And, here Stef's running the 100m hurdles on a nice day, with a dry track.

Have a great day! Thanks for tuning in!

4 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Congrats to Stef on her two wins!! (see previous comments on another day).

It was a fun way to spend my b-day....albeit wet and rainy. It reminded me of the awful weather in Fargo, ND a couple years ago when I was showing dogs in this weather.....but add about 3 more inches of rain....we had to rebathe the dogs to get the photos taken.....

I did think back on my high school track days....I remember Nacho Cheese Doritos as they were HUGE back then....ran into Sue Reese a fellow track competitor in the 1970s from CHS at Stef's meet. We never got to go to McDonald's or places to eat afterwards....so we just brought out own food...

I think my more fond memories were running at Ripon College. The best memory was the last race of my senior year. Dad showed up to watch me race. I was the lead leg in the 440 yard relay (this REALLY dates me)....and I ran with a gal from MN, a 4x Wisconsin state track star and a gal from Chicago.

We had a perfect start, perfect passes and I remember Coach Coll yelling and walkin' around with her stop watch.......GIRLS...did you see what you did??

A 50.1 440.....not bad back then.....think the record still stands....*lol*

And...it was a sunny day....and a fast cinder track....and Dad in his orange Tracy's jacket....

That was perfect!!

Peggy :-)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Peggy:
I never knew that story. Where was I? Probably boating with the Eulers..

As for Steffi-congrats! I think Phil's right. You show up, they hand you a medal. The race is almost immaterial.

Good luck in post-season racing.

Who won the Boys' Championship?

8:38 PM  
Blogger AnneGero said...

Glad to know that Stefanie is following in your footsteps, Mary. She shows good form in both the pictures.
Hope you received the clipping I sent with Scott on Saturday for Stef's scrapbook.
I wish her continued success at her next meet on Monday at Whitewater.
Mom and Grandma

8:28 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

The boys championship, I believe went to Columbus, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Peggy

(who was the drowned rat there)

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home