Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!! Happy Half-Birthday, Stef!!

Well, today would be my Dad's 78th birthday here on earth. Instead he's having birthday cake with the King! Dad, remember to blow out ALL your candles, okay?

It's also my daughter's HALF birthday. She's 16 and a HALF. (That's a BIG thing to a teenager....it was even bigger when she was 12 and a HALF and she constantly reminded me that she was ALMOST a teenager). I went into her room this morning and wished her a Happy Half Birthday and she said, "It's Grandpa Bob's birthday today, too!" Then, a pause as she collected her thoughts and realized he isn't here anymore. And she said, "I bet he's having a great time up in heaven." I bet he is.

Dad's birthday always went with Stefanie's half birthday. And, somehow I believe it ALWAYS will. May 4th will always remind me of two people I love.....my dad and my daughter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

C'mon.....where are the Prom photos??

You gotta put the one out about the 02:03:04 5/6/7 shot...that was priceless.

Blog blog...get off the log...*lol*

Or...are you still catchin' up on the missed sleep?

Love ya!!

Peggy :)

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home