Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Memorable Meet

Well, at least the 1st track meet on the new track at Lakeside will be well remembered. It poured and it poured and it poured some more. But, since there was no lightning the meet went on. It was very well organized and went quite smoothly. Scott and I had fun timing (we were back up for the electric timing system) and our trigger fingers got a bit numb by the end of the meet (it was cold, too!).

Sis did well....once again she took firsts in all events she ran in...100m hurdles, 300m hurdles and starting leg of the 4 x 200m race. She's amazing to watch.....when she's finished with the race girls are still going over hurdles.....I marvel at her talent and speed.

And, the meet was against my highschool alma mater, Columbus High School. I'm not sure how we did as a team (I assume we won) but I'll be sure to let you know.

Have a great day!

UPDATE: The girls won 90 something to 50 something......my source of information? Proud Grandma!! I caught her 5 minutes before she was being picked up by her ride to take her to the airport for a visit to North Carolina! I know she's looking forward to this trip with great anticipation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Yay, Stef!

Mary: Someone always keeps score in our family.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

That's so true....whether it be teeth, grades, piano lessons, solo ensemble stuff.....someone ALWAYS keeps track.

I'm wondering if that's from the number of Tauruses running around...*lol* but WAIT...that's the Capricorn, Mom....

Giggle!!

Peggy :)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

And one anal-retentive Virgo, too.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

all earth signs, tight-asses all

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home