Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Blog, Blog I'm Off the Log

My sister, Peggy and I have this ongoing joke. Everytime we want the other to post something we leave a comment......"Blog, blog...get off the log." She started it....she must have thought she was some sort of poet that day.....but it's been ongoing and it makes me chuckle everytime I get the comment. So, here's to sister Peggy, sister Peggy, sister Peggy......

She wanted me to make an entry about our daughter's Prom this past Saturday. At her school they call it May Banquet instead....All the festivities are done right at the school....social hour, grand march, dinner, entertainment and then the dance. I think it's a great way to do it and keeps the kids contained which minimizes opportunity for trouble, etc. Also at her school everyone can attend, not just juniors and seniors. I like that too because it's not such a big deal. Stef says, "Mom, it's just a dance that we get dressed up for." True.....wise beyond her years.

Peggy also wanted me to post some photos......Here goes:




These are all of Stef's girlfriends. Stef's in the lavender dress. Such a nice group of friends.




Stef and her date Phil.....They had a great time. He got a little sick of all the photos but was a good sport anyway.....lol



We hosted the "after party" at our house. About 14 kids came and they had a great time. When they got here they went out back and made a fire. Then at 02:03.04 on 05/06/07 we took this picture. History in the making....this exact time won't occur again for 1000 years. I thought it was neat....the kids were like...okay....back to their party....



Kids started leaving at about 9 in the morning.....after little to no sleep. I caught this one on the front steps after Stef and Phil gave each other a good bye hug.....they still looked pretty refreshed....amazingly.

I then crashed.......because of course I stayed up all night long. It was my 45th birthday on Sunday and I spent most of the day catching up on sleep.....

There, Peggy....I'm off the log.....now it's YOUR turn....

5 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Well...I did have two back-to-back posts....

Don't they count??

When I get the photo of River's Group 3 which is an amazing win....I'll post...

Thanks for sharing all the festivities at your place...and the significance of the 020304050607...WAS your b-day you goof!! So...happy 45th!!

BTW....glad you got off the log...and I am a poet....didn't ya know it? *grin* *groan*

Your sister....

Peggy :-)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

How come I'm always the last to know these things?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

What things, Kinso? *lol*

I actually have more fun reading and doing the comments thingies than blogging myself. I learn more about you guys through the comments...

Although..I love all the posts from my siblings....

Peggy :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Congratulations to niece, Stef, on her awesome performances at the Capitol Conference North. She won the 100/300 m hurdles as a sophomore. Way to go, Sis!!

Even though the weather sucked, it was a fun way to spend my b-day!!

Peggy :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Million Dollar Mary said...

Hey Peggy....

So glad you joined us....it meant a lot to niece STefanie that you would sit out in the pouring rain and watch her race. Bet it brought back many memories for you.

And, glad you could join us for a bite to eat at Timber Creek.....

All in all....hope you had a very Happy Birthday!!

Love ya,
Mar

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home