Thursday, November 01, 2007

I Missed October....drats!!

At the politely persistent prodding of my two sisters I am posting....time flies by quickly and this month sure has.

I forgot to mention that I was going to be taking a little get-away trip to Maine to visit my friend (who I met through Mary Kay) and 9 other Mary Kay sales directors....we had a BLAST!! The weather was beautiful and the company even greater. It was a renewing for my soul and was greatly needed. My friend was the travel guide extraordinaire. She had the 5 days packed with LOTS of fun things. We went to Kennebunkport...we took a gondola ride in the White Mountains of NH.....we had a private shopping experience at her favorite little boutique with wine and cheese and all (never mix wine with women and shopping....it can be deadly..lol)...we had a lobster boil and clam bake at her home (yummy!!)....we took a 3 hour cruise (not to be confused with the SS Minnow and Gilligan) off the coast of Maine and saw little islands with their lighthouses.....we drank lots of wine and had lots of women talk. It was wonderful. Here are some pictures:


This is the crew (minus me) sitting on the fence overlooking Kennebunkport, ME. Right near the quaint Episcopalian church where many Bush family members get married.



The crew near a covered bridge in NH....just before taking our ride up in the mountains.



The view from the top was breathtaking!!



Me in front of one of the most famous lighthouses in Maine (don't ask me the name of it....that's just trivial.)

Then...October flew by with football games, homecoming, etc. Jake's season ended 4-2-1....a very successful season. He's already looking forward to next year.

The highschool team ended 10-1. They were conference champs and had a very successful season. Homecoming was fun for Stefanie. She felt honored to be on court...she had fun riding in the parade (she had a friend of hers wear the school mascot's costume) and made the local newspaper. She and her boyfriend parted ways this month, too. So, that was sad and yet we know that the Lord has all the plans in the palm of his hand. Life goes on and Stefanie has learned many valuable lessons that will guide her, perhaps in the next relationship. She's a bright young woman with very high esteem (Christ-esteem) and knows that somewhere out there God is watching over that special someone for her....

That's all for now....hopefully I'll get another post in in November...who knows. Keep prodding me Ruthie and Peggy!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Love the pictures! Maybe you can name all the gals and link to their MK pages.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Okay....congratulations for getting onto the blog log.....

And...I'll be adding my November one, too, as October slipped through my fingers as well...so be watching...

Anyway, Mary, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is this: Figure out what the light house is!! As a history major, I wanna know that trivial stuff.....I may beat Ruth again at Trivial Pursuit...*giggle*

Anyway...I have always wanted to go to Kennebuckport, ME. I just love how that name sounds....it was always cool how the First Bush Pres and family went there in the summer.....

The lobster I could do without, but it looks like you had a great time!!

Thanks for sharing the adventures.

Sorry about Stef and her b/f. Just tell her she gets way more dates than I do. But, I'm trying to be more "datable" (if that's a word).

Take care and have a great day!!

Love,
MP (a/k/a Mud Duck)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Paul Gero said...

was that the portland headlight?

looks like fun, a-AH, that it was...

9:04 AM  
Blogger AnneGero said...

Mary, YOu had beter blog soon or you will miss November, too.
Mom

10:09 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

BBGOTL - One day and counting until November is done....

Peggy :=)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Don't look, but you missed November, too...*lol*

Thanks for the invite to the tea. I had a very nice time.

I LOVED the handbell choir. They did a beautiful job.

Your piano playing was awesome, too!!

Thanks again!!

BBGOTL -

Peggy :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

BBGOTL

12:01 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

2009 will be here before you blog again....

C'mon.....get blogging.....

BBGOTL *giggle*

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home