Saturday, January 31, 2009

Okay, okay....the only person who hasn't bothered me to put an entry in my blog is my sister, Ruthie. So, at the prodding and persistence of my mom and my sister, Peggy...here goes. Peggy always gives me topics to write about. Thanks, sis!!

I can't believe how quickly time flies. Maybe I can recap the last 8 months with this entry. Hope so!!

After the State Track Meet in June, 2008 Stef and I headed out to sunny California so that my brother could take Stefanie's senior portraits. We had a BLAST! One of Stef's friends and her mother joined us. We spent a week and took in lots of sights. We went to Universal Studios, Disney and a couple of times at the beach. My favorite time was getting to know my animated niece, Kate. Little Miss Sassy Pants was what I called her. I absolutely love her and could eat her up. I only wished she lived closer.




The highlight in July was a trip to Dallas, TX for Mary Kay's annual seminar convention. We earned a new pink cadillac (I think it's the 9th car I've earned from Mary Kay). This time I decided to take the car vs. the monthly cash option. The new pink cadillac CTS was delivered in October and I love it. It's not as roomy as the Sedan DeVille but it is hot and sporty.



Throughout the summer we went up to our land (4 acres about 80 hours north of us)and did a lot of fishing, boating & 4-wheeling. What great memories created when we do these fun family things!!

August marked the start of school for both Stef and Jake. Stef's senior year and Jake's 8th grade year and end of middle school. I broke my streak of taking a picture of Stef and Jake on the first day of school. Probably because their first days are different. I do however have a picture of them at Christmas time. Jake now towers over Stef and me! He's eye level to Scott (6'2") and they like to wrestle a lot. Scott works VERY hard to take Jake down. It's a scream watching them wrestle....



The fall marked football for Jake (with Scott coaching) and golf for Stefanie (a first for her). Jake's team had an awesome season and I have a permanent smile on my face when I watch him play. He loves the game and he hates to lose. Here's a picture of a coachable moment between Jake and Scott. Stefanie worked her way from the last golfer on the team up to the 5th golfer and was an alternate when the team of four went to Sectionals. Golf was a challenge for her and she rose to the challenge.



In November we turned a page in the chapter of history and elected Borack Obama as president. On election day it was Stefanie's 18th birthday....I bet she'll remember that one for a long time. We celebrated her birthday by doing all the things you can do when you're eighteen: buy cigarettes, buy lottery tickets, vote, visit the adult section of a video store (yuck), get a tattoo (she didn't really get one, just visited the parlor). I documented it with photos.....







December brought Christmas and holiday celebrations. How I enjoy being with family and friends. Peg and Mom celebrated Thanksgiving with us.....it was a fun day and definitely good food and even greater pies (thanks, Mom!). Christmas Day we spent at Scott's mom's place...then we went to Mom's the day after Christmas and played some crazy cards and laughed until we almost wet our pants. Literally!!

And, now it's January, 2009!! Another New Year and another year to look forward to memories and moments. We'll have Stef's graduation in May and Jake's confirmation in May, too. Stef will go off to Paul Mitchell Academy in Waukesha to get her cosmetology license. She one day wants to own her own salon. I know for certain that she's going to be really good in this profession. She's gotten a lot of flack for not going to a 4 year college and yet this is what she wants to do. How can we argue with that?

Stef still dates Tom...has for over a year now. It's been different because he is off at college over 6 hours away. She savors the times he does come home and we don't see much of her when he's home. They enjoy each other's company and spend countless hours on the phone.



Jake's focus is football, basketball, fishing and hanging out with his buddies. He shot his first deer last fall (right on the edge of Aunt Peggy's land)...he's got a couple of hummer fish being mounted now. Today Scott's going to the meat processor to pick up his venison. We love the summer sausage and the ground venison is very lean and goes well in casseroles, spaghetti and tacos.... Here's a photo of Jake, Scott and the doe he shot.



Okay...I've rambled long enough. Hopefully that will satisfy those of you who have been bugging me to blog. Now it's your turn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Oh, Cool!! It took me eleven days to stumble upon this...how long 'til the next post??

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Who is that in the pink Cadillac?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

And....it took me a wee bit longer to find this.....

Now I have to get blogging....

But...wait...I have two dates this weekend and I'm so excited about that!!

I love the photo of Jake and the doe.....

Maybe Jake will have to buy my land...*giggle*

So no more BBGOTL until next week....

I have had a couple drives in that car and it is SWEET....if I didn't have to haul dogs around and I could afford one, I'd be buying a black one with tan interior....

Congrats on the success in MK that has allowed you to drive one darn ole hot car!!

Peggy :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home