Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Best Gift Ever

The other day I had my birthday and received the best gift I ever could have received. In addition to the great new cell phone/MP3 player from my husband along with a beautiful card from him, my daughter gave me a card (purchased with her own money, I might add....that's HUGE!). When she handed me the card she said, "Mom, I stood in the card aisle and read lots of cards until I found exactly the right one." Here's what it said:

Front: Mom, You've Given Me so Much

Inside: Mom, I look around and see
so many unhappy people
who don't seem to believe in themselves
or feel worthy of what they want......or have.
And I can't help but wonder--
if they'd had a mom like you,
how different their lives might be....
how much more confidence they might have,
how many more of their hopes
could have become realities.

Your love, time, and support
were priceless gifts.
Every day they are with me
in the joys I feel,
the challenges I face,
and the dreams I follow.
And every day I think of you
with appreciation and so much love.

Happy Birthday!

You can bet that I'll save that card for a long time!! Thanks, Sis for making my day.

And, this last week was busy with 3 track meets (2 for Stef and 1 for Jake) and then May Banquet (prom). Below are some pictures that captured the moments:



Jake showing his shot put form. He took second at the meet with 9 schools in attendance. He's a mighty big boy...now almost 6 feet tall....and only in 7th grade!! Yikes!! He took 4th in the softball throw, too!



Stefanie at the Lutheran Invitational Track Meet....She took 1st in both hurdles events and her 4 x 1 relay team won also.



Stef and her dad on the front porch before she left for prom. She's growing up fast....careful, don't blink!



Stef and her date..........they had a wonderful evening.

Now, Peggy, if you're reading this:

Blog, blog, get off the log!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I hear ya.....I'll try to blog soon!!

Nice card from Stef....and don't blink...she is growing up!!

Peggy :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Oh...and that Jake...man...almost 6'. Maybe he'll be 6'6' when he's in high school.

He has good form for a young shot put person.

Peggy :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger AnneGero said...

rutgers51Nice pictures, Mary. It is so good that Stef realizes what a good MOM she has and appreciates her. Yes, do not blink!!!! Just look at yourself.
Mom

7:37 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Coulda knocked me over with a feather....Mary posted.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Yeah...twice!! in a week!!

...and Mom responded and so did I. Guess I need to BBGOTL soon....just so many things to write about....don't know where to start.

Peggy :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

It's time....BBGOTL......It's been almost 6 months since we've heard from ya here....

I think you should post the photo that I sent ya, next to one of Jake.

Peggy :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Mary:
I've been watching this spot for the greater part of the year. Merry Christmas. May your stocking be filled with Starbursts and may your pumpkin pie be dusted with [choke-inducing] 4x sugar. May your warm memories of childhood Christmas bless you as you share a wonderful day with your loveable family.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

BLOG BLOG GET OFF THE FREAKIN' LOG....IT IS TIME FOR A 2009 BLOG POST.....

and...yes I'M YELLING!!!

Suggested themes:

Stef's 18th b-day
Jake's b-day coming up
Photos from the New Year's card
Cabin photos

The list is endless.

C'mon...we love hearing from you.

Peggy :)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home